Digitally made virtual tours of houses are a perfect solution that helps with promotion and selling of different properties.
Virtual tours of houses is a tool that replicates the experience of visiting and walking through a property. Tours, like video walkthroughs, 3D tours, and interactive 360-degree virtual tours, allow prospective buyers to interact with the home and look at features in detail without having to be on-site and have become the norm along with using listing photos and floor plans. Agents use virtual tours to market their listings to out-of-town buyers, minimize the number of in-person showings, and set their listing apart from the competition.
One of the reasons many agents avoid virtual tours is that they imagine needing complicated, high-end photography gear. In reality, you need a panoramic or 360-degree camera, but is it like that? Let’s get familiar with a virtual tour.
What is a virtual tour?
Virtual tours of houses, also known as 3D tours or 3D walkthroughs, allow buyers to digitally tour a for-sale home. The online home shopper controls which part of the house they look at and from which angle — think of it like Street View on Google Maps, but for the inside of a home.
Listing videos, on the other hand, are not interactive. They are a straightforward video that usually includes music, zooming, and panning. The shopper can’t control the movement of the video.
Benefits of creating a virtual tour of homes for sale
There are many benefits of including a virtual or 3D tour in your listing. Have you ever taken the time to tour a home, only to be disappointed with how different the home is from the pictures? Still, photos can sometimes be misleading, but virtual tours allow shoppers to get a more accurate feel for how your home is laid out before attending a showing. That means that the people who show up to see your home in person are more likely to be high-intent buyers.
A 3D tour can also be a big boost to your digital marketing plan, which is more important than ever. Here are a few marketing benefits:
- More exposure in your market: When more people see your listing, you’re more likely to attract multiple offers that could drive the sale price up.
- Minimize showings: 3D tours give potential buyers a good feel for the floor plan and flow of the home. If your home’s layout doesn’t appeal to a particular buyer, they’ll know it without having to waste your time (and theirs) with a showing.
- Attract out-of-town buyers: A better view of your home can make it appealing to out-of-town and international buyers, who can make faster, more informed purchase decisions without traveling for a house that doesn’t pan out.
- Fewer lookie-loos: When nosy neighbors or other nearby sellers can check out your home online, they may be less inclined to schedule a showing or stop by your open house when they’re not interested in making an offer.
What makes an engaging virtual tour for real estate?
Here’s what a virtual tour needs to include to actually be a virtual tour and not simply a listing video or slideshow:
- A real view of the home — not a recreation or rendering
- Smooth navigation that makes it easy to move to different rooms and pan 360 degrees
- Ability to walk through, go back, and freeze the frame
- Clear and high-definition picture
- Shots free of clutter and personal items
- Highlights of the home’s best features, including unique amenities and outdoor spaces
- Each capture is taken from the best vantage point to show the room in its entirety
- Compatibility with all kinds of devices — desktop and mobile
Can I hire someone to create my virtual tour?
It takes a lot of effort to sell a home, and not every seller has time to create and capture the perfect listing. Virtual tours are a small but impactful component to a broader home marketing plan that can take weeks, if not months, to execute. That is where Holovision comes to play.
Holovision is an innovation facility with 20+ team members, growing on fertile soil of Austrian – Bosnian cooperation in the past 2 decades. We want to dive deeper into interesting and challenging domains in 3D, archviz, and design, gradually increasing the complexity of our projects.
So feel free to contact us!